Frequently Asked Questions about Carmel Elementary PTO
What is the CE PTO? The PTO is comprised of parents, teachers and school staff dedicated to enhancing the learning experience of your children.
What is the goal of the CE PTO? The goals of the PTO are to foster relationships between family and school, and work with the teachers, staff and community at large to enrich the educational experience at Carmel Elementary.
Who can join CE PTO? Every teacher, school staff member and family with a student at Carmel Elementary is automatically enrolled in the CE PTO. Dues are not a requirement of your membership.
What does the PTO do for CE? The PTO sponsors a variety of programs and events throughout the year. Through the generosity of your time and monetary donations we have been able to provide the following:
- Provide after school tutoring for students in need of extra support
- Send our teachers to specialized educational training programs like Orton Gillingham.
- Purchase iPads for each classroom teacher to use in large group and small group instruction.
- Add a shelter and picnic table to our playground to provide a space for outdoor learning when the occasion arises.
- Install a walking trail and fitness stations to our playground.
- Give classroom libraries for every class room in our school.
- Provide teacher grants and specials grants for items needed in class.
- Fund Artist in Residence Program to bring musicians, artists and authors in to provide a unique learning opportunity for every student.
When are General PTO Meetings held? We hold 4 General PTO Meetings per year. They are held at 8:30 in the CE cafeteria. Here are the dates for the 2016-17 school year: September 16, November 18, March 17 and April 21.
Why are there so many fundraisers? The State funding formula has changed over the years requiring school districts to make budget adjustments without altering the quality of education they provide each child. Fundraising by your PTO helps to enhance the education your children receive at Carmel Elementary. As a PTO we strive to provide a variety of fundraising opportunities to fit every budget. We ask each family to participate in the way they are most comfortable. All dollars raised through the various fundraisers are combined together to fund our annual budget. Unlike other non-profit organizations, every dollar earned is put right back into our school.