NCAA Eligibility


Each student wishing to be eligible for Division I or Division II athletics must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. The standards and process for registering with the Eligibility Center can be found in the Guide for the College-Bound Student Athlete, which is published by the NCAA Eligibility Center.  A link to the current guide can be found in the "Know Before You Go" section of the website.

In order to be eligible to play Division I or Division II college sports, students must meet certain academic standards in core course completion, GPA, and SAT/ACT scores. CHS has a list of NCAA-approved core courses. That list can be found on the Eligibility Center website here.

Each student must also submit his or his high school academic transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center. 

Current CHS students need to request transcripts through the Family Connection system.

  1. Click on the Colleges tab. 
  2. Click on transcripts (located on the left side of the page).
  3. Click on Request transcripts for scholarships or athletics.
  4. Complete the required information in the boxes.  Make sure to put NCAA Eligibility Center as the Recipient.  Once the necessary information has been completed, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Add Transcript Requests

 CHS Alumni Transcripts
Please use the directions on our Alumni Transcript Request page.


CHS has a worksheet that can help students keep track of core course completion and GPA.

Here is the worksheet for students who graduate from high school before 2016.

The NCAA changed the requirements for the class of 2016 and beyond. Here is the worksheet for students who graduate from high school with the class of 2016 and beyond.

For more information, you should also talk with your high school coach.