Who is a student services coordinator?
- a certified, specially trained, caring person
- a faculty member who provides guidance to ALL students
- a resource person
- a coordinator
- a consultant
- a group leader
- a person who helps teachers, parents, students and administrators
- a friend
What are the qualifications of a student services coordinator?
- a Bachelors degree
- a Master of Social Work degree
- knowledge of elementary school programs
- competence in human relations
What does a student services coordinator do?
- helps students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- helps students develop good relationships with peers, parents, teachers and siblings
- helps students improve their communication skills and develop effective decision-making strategies
- helps students deal with personal concerns, developmental tasks, crises, school related problems, home concerns, health and physical development
- helps to ease the transitions between school settings
- plans and implements with teachers a program of activities designed to enhance the personal social/emotional development of elementary students
How does the student see the student services coordinator?
- self referral
- teacher referral
- parent referral
- administrative referral
- special services referral
- referral by a friend
Why does a student see a student services coordinator?
- to understand abilities and limitations
- to adjust to a new school
- to find answers to concerns
- to develop skills in getting along with others
- to adjust to family transitions
- to achieve in school
- to share friendships
Why does the student services coordinator conduct small group meetings and classroom guidance lessons?
- to help students develop personal understanding and self-awareness
- to enhance self-confidence and self-esteem
- to encourage students to recognize and make the best use of their capabilities
- to provide opportunities for students to feel successful
- to give students opportunities to talk about educational, personal and social concerns
- to encourage students to recognize, understand, and work through learning difficulties
- to help students better adjust to school and home environments
College Wood's MSW, LSW:
Iman Kiritsis, MSW, LSW
Student Service Coordinator
(317) 733-6430 ext. 2058
Fax: (317) 733-6445