Definition and Responsibilities:
Once a student is evaluated and determined eligible for services under Article 7, the student will be assigned a Teacher of Record. The "Teacher of Record" refers to the single special education teacher to whom a student with a disability is assigned. Each student with a disability must have a teacher of record identified. The teacher of record may also be the teacher of service and must be appropriately licensed. The teacher of record has the following responsibilities:
* Provide direct or indirect services to the student.
* Develop measurable goals, benchmarks and objectives to meet the student's needs.
* Regularly monitor the implementation of the student's IEP.
* Provide progress reports to the student's parents.
* Ensure the student's IEP is accessible to all pertinent staff.
* Inform each teacher and provider of his or her specific responsibilities related to implementing the student's IEP.