Thank you for encouraging your child to do a science project or create an invention for the MTE Invention and Science Night! By participating, students benefit in a variety of ways:
- The Scientific Method teaches your child how to use a logical process to solve problems and answer questions.
- Your child will gain a greater understanding of a particular area of science. This is a wonderful opportunity to pursue his or her own interests.
- Students gain confidence as they share what they learned and are recognized for their hard work.
- Students learn to follow through on a commitment.
- Encourage originality. Use the links on this page to spark ideas.
- It is better to do a good job on a little question, than a poor job on a big question. Please help your child formulate questions and design experiments that are age-appropriate.
- Students must do all of the work themselves. Sometimes struggling is part of the process. They will learn from the experience of meeting and overcoming challenges.
- If the outcome is not as expected, it does not mean the experiment is a failure. Science is full of surprises!
- Please support your child's efforts by helping him or her find information and acquire materials necessary for the experiment.
- Help your child manage his or her time to avoid a last-minute scramble.
- Have your child take the necessary safety precautions and do not allow him or her to do anything dangerous.
- Contact Mrs. Rumschlag if you have any questions or concerns.