What is the Student Services Coordinator?
A Student Services Coordinator is very similar to a school counselor. A Student Services Coordinator is a specially trained staff member who provides guidance and support to all students.
What are the qualifications of a Student Services Coordinator?
A Master’s of Social Work (MSW) degree, as well as knowledge of various elementary school programs, including curriculum, special programs and intervention processes.
What does a Student Services Coordinator do?
Help students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning. Specific roles might include:
- Help students develop positive relationships with peers, parents, teachers and families
- Help students improve various social skills, such as coping strategies and friendship skills
- Help students deal with personal concerns, crises, school-related problems, home and family concerns, friendship issues and any other issue that interferes with learning
- Plan and implement a variety of programs and activities to enhance the personal, social and emotional development of students
- Act as a liaison for parents, teachers and students
- Act as a resource for parents interested in general education curriculum and interventions, special education, Challenge and Honors testing, standardized testing, and the general well-being of all students
How can a student be referred to the Student Services Coordinator?
- Teacher referral
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Special services referral
- Peer referral