What is a Student Services Coordinator?
A Student Services Coordinator's role in Carmel-Clay Schools is very similar to that of a school counselor. A Student Services Coordinator is a specially trained staff member who provides guidance and support to all students.
What are the qualifications of a Student Services Coordinator?
A Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree. As well as knowledge of various elementary school programs, including curriculum, special programs and intervention processes.
What does a Student Services Coordinator do?
A Student Services Coordinator's responsibilities are truly varied! A Student Services Coordinator can:
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Help students develop positive relationships with peers, parents, teachers, and families
- Help students improve various social skills, such as coping strategies and friendship skills
- Help students deal with personal concerns, crises, school-related problems, home and family concerns, friendship issues, and any other issue that interferes with learning
- Help ease the transitions between school settings
- Plan and implement a variety of programs and activities to enhance the personal, social and emotional development of students
- Be a liaison for parents, teachers, and students
- Be a resource for parents interested in general education curriculum, special education, challenge testing, General Education Interventions, standardized testing, character education, and the general well-being of all students.
How can a student be referred to the Student Services Coordinator?
- Self referral
- Teacher referral
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Special services referral
- Peer referral