Unit 10: Geometry Topics
Skills covered (expected for mastery):
- Convert numbers dictated in mumber-and-word notation to standard notation.
- Convert between scientific and standard notations.
- Apply properties of orientations of angles and sums of angle measures in triangles to determine angles measures.
- Identify and describe instances of translations, reflections, and rotations.
- Write and solve equations.
- Recognize topological equivalence.
Developing skills - Practice on the Unit test but assessed at a later date:
- Use dot paper or geoboards to demonstrate and describe the difference between similar and congruent figures.
- Estimate products and quotients of decimal numbers.
- Write an expression for the perimeter of a figure.
- Use a formula to write an expression.
How can I help my child study?
- Review homework that has been returned. Review missed problems or other trouble spots.
- Create problems similar to the study guide and have your child solve them. Can you make a game out of it? Play for points, extra play time, or a treat!
- Review Unit Notes packet for any student notes or work done in class.
- Log into Everyday Math online for review and game play. https://www.everydaymathonline.com/
- Have your child create review questions and answers for YOU to solve. Did you both agree on the solution?