What does a Counselor do?
- Helps students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Helps students develop good relationships with peers, teachers, parents, and siblings
- Helps students improve their communication skills and develop effective decision making strategies
- Helps students deal with personal concerns, develop, developmental tasks, crises, school related problems home concerns, health and physical development
- Helps to ease the transitions between school settings
- Plans and implements with teachers a program of activities designed to enhance the personal social/emotional development of elementary students