Checking out books and other items
- Students may check out when they visit the media center during regularly scheduled class visits or any other time, with the permission of the classroom teacher.
- Students in grades 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 have their own library cards and may use the Self Checkout Station at their convenience.
- All materials are checked out for a period of two weeks.
- Items may be renewed twice, unless another student has placed a hold. The student may renew the item a third time with permission from a staff member or parent volunteer.
- Items do not need to be brought to the circulation desk for renewal.
- Students in grades 1-5 may click the "Renew" button on the screen beside a title when they scan their library cards.
- Kindergarten and First grade students can bring their books to the circulation desk for renewal.
- Students may also renew items online after logging in to the Destiny Library Catalog with their username and password. The username is the student's 9-digit ID number found on their library barcode pass. The password is the student's birthday in this format: yyyymmdd.
Placing a hold
- Students may place a hold on an item if it is currently checked out to another student.
- Holds may be placed by completing a hold slip in the media center, or by logging into the Destiny Library Catalog. The username is the student's 9-digit ID number. The password is the student's birthday in this format: yyyymmdd.
- When the item is available, it is checked out to the student who placed the hold and delivered to the classroom teacher's mailbox.
- Students who have overdue items may place their selections on the Save Shelf in the media center for up to two full days. If you have an overdue item, the self checkout station will not let you check out a book. Please see Mrs. Musolino for assistance.
- Items left on the Save Shelf for more than three days will be reshelved.
- We do not charge fines for overdue items.
Lost or damaged items
- We understand that accidents happen and puppies must chew, but in order to maintain a quality collection, we will charge a replacement cost if an item is lost or damaged beyond repair.
- If you pay for a lost book and then find it, we will be happy to issue a full refund.